Seed Mixture Breakdown
50% Perennial Ryegrass (Lolium perenne)
20% Chewings Fescue (Festuca rubra commut)
30% Strong Creeping Fescue (Festuca rubra rubra)
How to use
Create a new lawn or fill in a bare patch
- Remove all weeds and stones.
- Turn the soil over to a depth of 15-22cm (6-9in).
- Level and firm by either treading or using a roller.
- Shake box to re-mix seed.
- You need 30g per square meter (1oz/sq.yd). For a visual guide, apply to a measured area first.
- Create a criss-cross pattern, by sowing half the seed from left to right and the rest from top to bottom.
- Gently rake in, then tread or roll seed into the soil.
- Unless it rains, soak with a fine spray and keep the soil moist for the next few weeks.
- The grass can be trimmed when it is 5-8cm (2-3in).
- Each time you mow, lower blade height a level until its at 2.5cm (1in).
- Do not cut more than a ⅓ off the growth at any one point.
How to overseed an existing lawn
- Prepare the lawn by mowing it short, raking out dead grass, moss and debris.
- Apply a lawn dressing, such as Miracle-Gro EverGreen Lawn Dressing.
- In dry conditions, moisten the lawn.
- Sprinkle a small handful of seed for each square meter (25g).
- Lightly rake the seed into the lawn.
- Unless it rains, soak with a fine spray and keep soil moist for the next few weeks.
Application by spreader
Use our easy-to-use spreader settings table to set Scotts® and EverGreen® spreaders correctly when using our products.
Where to use
For hard-wearing lawns.
How often to apply
Apply as required.
- Article number21374
Local Delivery & Collection Only
Unfortunately, we are unable to send items across the UK. We only operate in a select area of East & West Sussex
Placing an Online Order with Goldcliff Garden Centre
Once you have added your items to the basket you can continue to secure checkout and make payments via credit or debit card. All payments are processed via PayPal.
Please enter a billing address and if required a different delivery address.
Click and Collect
We offer a click and collect service for those who would like to collect from us directly. Collection times are between 8:30 am and 6:00 pm 7 days a week.
We ask you to have a copy of your order confirmation to hand, either printed or on a mobile device
Please do not come to collect your order unless you have received a ‘ready to be collected’ email as it may not be ready immediately. We strive to get all click and collect orders together within an hour but sometimes this is not possible.
Local Deliveries are sent out on a first-come-first-served basis. There is no minimum order, but there is a fee for all orders that start at £10 and increase as you get further away from our centre. All deliveries are from Monday to Friday 9-4.
We offer curbside/driveway drop off only.
Additional charges may apply for large or heavy items.
E-Gift Card Delivery
Delivery for our E-Gift Cards is FREE as it is sent to an email address of your choice.
Please note that your E-Gift Card will automatically be sent to the email address provided upon completion of payment.
If you would like it to be sent directly to your recipient at the time of purchase, please enter their email address in the 'Delivery Address' section at checkout.
Alternatively, you can forward the email to them at a preferred date.